The Asia Pacific Innovation Conference was formed in January, 2010, to bring together scholars in the Asia Pacific region interested in the Legal, Managerial and Economic aspects of innovation. We plan to conduct regular workshops, conferences and events in the region focusing on research in innovation.
The founding members of APIC (2010) include a group of leading scholars in the Asia-Pacific region:
- Reiko Aoki, Executive Vice-President and Professor, Kyushu University.
- Peter Drahos, Director – Centre for the Governance of Knowledge and Development, Regulatory Institutions Network (RegNet), College of Asia and the Pacific, The Australian National University
- Nisvan Erkal, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, University of Melbourne, and Research Associate, IPRIA, Australia.
- Susy Frankel, Professor of Law, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Joshua Gans, Professor of Strategic Management at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Cheng Huat Ho, Executive Vice President, Intellectual Property Management Division, ETPL.
- Shou-Ling Jang, Professor and Director, College of Social Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
- Paul Jensen, Professorial Research Fellow, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research and IPRIA, Australia.
- Kwanghui Lim, Associate Professor at Melbourne Business School and Co-Director, IPRIA, Australia.
- Owen Morgan, Associate Professor, The University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Sadao Nagaoka, Professor, Tokyo Keizai University, Japan.
- Keunyeob Oh, Professor of International Economics, Chungnam National University, Korea.
- Wee Loon Ng-Loy, Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore.
- Ivan Png, Lim Kim San Professor, School of Business, and Professor of Information Systems and Economics, National University of Singapore.
- Megan Richardson, Professor at University of Melbourne Law School, Associate Director of IPRIA and Deputy Director of the Centre for Media and Communications Law, The University of Melbourne.
- Basil Sharp, Professor and Chair in Energy Economics at the Department of Business & Economics, The University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Jasjit Singh, Assistant Professor, INSEAD, Singapore.
- Beth Webster, Director, Centre for Transformative Innovation, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Ian Williamson, Helen Macpherson Smith Chair of Leadership for Social Impact, Melbourne Business School and Research Associate, IPRIA, Australia.
- Poh Kam Wong, Professor, NUS Business School and Director, NUS Entrepreneurship Centre, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Peter Yu, Professor and Co-Director of the Center for Law and Intellectual Property at Texas A&M University School of Law, United States of America.
The founding president is Beth Webster, who led in organising the Pacific Rim Innovation Conference 2010 and is the current general secretary. The current President is Professor Wu Xiaobo (China).
Past APIC Presidents
Beth Webster (Australia)
Sadao Nagaoka (Japan)
Thomas Clarke (Australia)
Keun Lee (Korea)
Hui lin lin (Taiwan)