The Asia Pacific Innovation Network was formed in January 2010, to bring together scholars in the Asia Pacific region interested in the Legal, Managerial and Economic aspects of innovation.
APIC conducts regular workshops, conferences and events in the region focusing on research in innovation.
To learn more about APIC, visit our About page.
Member organisations take turns to organise the Asia-Pacific Innovation Conference, a peer-reviewed academic conference that also includes speakers and participants from around the world.
- The inaugural conference was held in Melbourne, Australia in 2010. It was called the Pacific Rim Innovation Conference. Please visit that website for the Conference Program and other details.
- The 2011 APIC conference was planned for Tokyo, Japan. However due to the crisis in Japan, it was held instead in Singapore, thanks to the teamwork and cooperation by our members in both countries. Please visit the 2011 page for further details.
- The 2012 APIC Conference was held in Korea at the Seoul National University. Please visit the 2012 page for further details.
- The 2013 APIC Conference was held in Taipei, Taiwan on 6 and 7 December 2013. Please visit the 2013 page for further details.
- The 2014 APIC Conference was held in Sydney, Australia on 27, 28 and 29 November 2014. Please visit the 2014 page for further details.
- The 2015 APIC Conference was held in Hangzhou, P.R. China on the 19th, 20th and 21st of November 2015. Please visit the 2015 page for the conference program.
- The 2016 APIC Conference will be held in Fukuoka, Japan on the 18th-20th November 2016. Please visit the 2016 page for more information.
- The 2017 APIC Conference will be held in Wellington, New Zealand on the 30th November to the 2nd of December 2017. Please visit the 2017 page for more information
The 1st Asia Pacific Region Innovation Conference was held in University of Melbourne in January 2010. Given a rapidly growing number of scholars in the Asia-Pacific region interested in innovation issues, we envisage that we will host such conferences regularly, rotating among Asia-Pacific countries.
The 2017 APIC Conference will be held in Wellington, New Zealand on the 30th of November to the 2nd of December. Register now for this years conference.
IPSDM Conference 2017
This year's IP Statistics for Decision Makers (IPSDM) conference will take place in Mexico City, Mexico, co-organized by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI), the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
For more information click here ›